For courses in Success/Orientation, Diversity (ie. Managing Diversity), Race and Ethnic Relations, Cultural Diversity in the Workplace, Multiculturalism and Inclusion (ie. leadership, group dynamics, teaching, social media/networking), Education, Nursing, Human Relations, Communications, Hospitality, Social Work/Family Therapy/Human Services, EMS and Fire Science, Counseling, Criminal Justice, Social Justice/Equity; also for teacher-training education courses, and staff/professional development workshops.
This work on human diversity integrates personal and organizational perspectives, research, and theories while discussing teamwork, communication, leadership, conflict, social networking, and other issues in the workplace, at school, and in the community.
Diversity Consciousness empowers students by helping them develop a "mind-set" which will enable them to be more successful in the 21st century. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Diversity for Personal and Professional Success
On both a cognitive and affective level, it takes students on a journey of learning. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· Personal and Professional Relevance: Ignites student’s curiosity and questions about the nature and critical importance of diversity and diversity consciousness to off-set passive learning.
· End-of-Chapter applications: Reinforces learning and develops diversity consciousness through real-life case studies, thought provoking questions, and a variety of activities (ie. experiential , online, research-oriented). Challenges students to examine their beliefs in a supportive context.
· References and Research: Empirically grounded; integrates current research studies and data throughout.
Visit Rich Bucher's blog on diversity consciousness and cultural intelligence at www.diversityconsciousness.com/blog
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book and access code order the ISBN below:
0321970144 / 9780321970145 Diversity Consciousness: Opening our Minds to People, Cultures, and Opportunities Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Diversity: An Overview
Chapter 2: Diversity Consciousness and Success
Chapter 3: Personal and Social Barriers to Success
Chapter 4: Developing Diversity Consciousness
Chapter 5: Communicating in a Diverse World
Chapter 6: Social Networking
Chapter 7: Teamwork
Chapter 8: Leadership
Chapter 9: Preparing for the Future
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$24.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93739-1