Django: Visual QuickStart Guide starts at the beginning and moves web designers quickly along the path to developing Python Web applications with Django. After introducing readers the idea of Model/View/Controller applications and why Django is the right choice, the book walks a reader through creating their first Django Web site. It goes on to cover the ultra-cool things that can be done with Django to create robust Model/View/Controller applications.
Table of Contents
1. Essential Django
2. Creating Your First Django Web Site
3. Adding Models to a Web Site
4. Creating Django Views
5. Getting Data from the Database into Views
6. Configuring Web Page Views
7. Using Django View Templates
8. Adding Forms to Views
9. Customizing Models
10. Managing Sessions and Cookies
Format: Safari PTG
This publication is not currently for sale.