Table of Contents
Part 1: Early Childhood Education and Professional Development
1 You and Early Childhood Education
2 Current Issues and Public Policy
3 Observing and Assessing Young Children
Part 2: Foundations: History and Theories
4 The Past and the Present
5 Theories Applied to Teaching and Learning
Part 3: Programs and Services for Children and Families
6 Early Childhood Programs
7 Child Care
8 The Federal Government
Part 4: Teaching Today’s Young Children: Linking Development and Learning
9 Infants and Toddlers
10 The Preschool Years
11 Kindergarten Education
12 The Primary Grades
13 Technology and Young Children
Part 5: Meeting the Special Needs of Young Children
14 Guiding Children
16 Children with Special Needs
17 Parent, Family, and Community Involvement
Additional Course Materials
$15.20 | Add to Cart
$15.20 | Add to Cart
$15.40 | Add to Cart
$16.00 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Early Childhood Education Today, 13th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$92.70 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-305252-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users