NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book
George Morrison’s goal in creating the Thirteenth Edition of Early Childhood Education Today
The new edition integrates thirteen critical themes that are foundational to the field today: the importance of children’s literacy development, teaching in increasingly diverse classrooms, applying developmentally appropriate practice, closing the achievement gaps between children in poverty and those that are more economically advantaged, integrating special education and early childhood education, teaching in an inclusive classroom, closing school readiness gaps, meeting the challenges of teacher accountability, integrating STEM subjects into the curriculum, providing for children’s mental health, using technology to support learners, developing as a professional, and guiding children’s behavior to promote personal responsibility.
The new edition retains the engaging style that has made the book so popular and provides practical examples of authentic teaching practices used by master teachers around the country. Its strong coverage of development in the age-specific chapters and its emphasis on diversity make it the leading book in the field. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, video analysis exercises, and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
013383087X / 9780133830873 Early Childhood Education Today with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133436500 / 9780133436501 Early Childhood Education Today
- 0133551253 / 9780133551259 Early Childhood Education Today, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Part 1 • Early Childhood Education and Professional Development
Chapter 1 You and Early Childhood Education: What Does It Mean to Be a Professional?
Chapter 2 Current Issues and Public Policy: Contemporary Influences on Children and Families
Chapter 3 Observation and Assessment for Teaching and Learning: Effective Teaching Through Appropriate Evaluation
Part 2 • Foundations: History and Theories
Chapter 4 The Past and the Present: Prologue to the Future
Chapter 5 Theories Applied to Teaching and Learning: Foundations for Practice
Part 3 • Programs and Services for Children and Families
Chapter 6 Early Childhood Programs: Applying Theories to Practice
Chapter 7 Child Care: Meeting the Needs of Children and Families
Chapter 8 The Federal and State Government: Supporting Children’s Success
Part 4 • Teaching Today’s Young Children: Linking Development and Learning
Chapter 9 Infants and Toddlers: Foundation Years for Learning
Chapter 10 The Preschool Years: Readiness for School and Life
Chapter 11 Kindergarten Education: Learning All You Need to Know
Chapter 12 The Primary Grades: Preparation for Lifelong Success
Chapter 13 Technology and Young Children: Education for the Information Age
Part 5 • Meeting the Special Needs of Young Children
Chapter 14 Guiding Children: Helping Children Become Responsible
Chapter 15 Multiculturalism: Living and Learning in a Diverse Society
Chapter 16 Children with Diverse Needs: Appropriate Education for All
Chapter 17 Parent, Family, and the Community Involvement: Building Partnerships for Student Success
Appendix A NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment
Appendix B NAEYC Guidelines for Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth Through Age Eight
Appendix C Time Line: The History of Early Childhood Education
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$79.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354922-5
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$98.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-355125-9
$192.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-453190-8