With its strong focus on readability and engaging, instructive illustrations, this trusted bestseller returns in a new edition with a bold new look, new contributor Callan Bentley, interactive “SmartFigures,” and a highly anticipated learning path that facilitates active learning. Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology, 11/e maintains its highly visual, non-technical survey and up-to-date coverage of foundational physical geology principles. The authors’ emphasis on currency and relevance includes the latest thinking in the field, particularly in the dynamic area of plate tectonics.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Geology
2. Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Revolution Unfolds
3. Matter and Minerals
4. Magma, Igneous Rocks, and Intrusive Activity
5. Volcanoes and Volcanic Hazards
6. Weathering and Soil
7. Sedimentary Rocks
8. Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks
9. Geologic Time
10. Crustal Deformation
11. Earthquakes and Earthquake Hazards
12. Earth’s Interior
13. Divergent Boundaries: Origin and Evolution of the Ocean Floor
14. Convergent Boundaries: Origin of Mountains
15. Mass Wasting: The Work of Gravity
16. Running Water
18. Glaciers and Glaciation
19. Deserts and Winds
21. Global Climate Change
22. Earth’s Evolution through Geologic Time
23. Energy and Mineral Resources
24. Planetary Geology
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321980861
Includes this title packaged with:
- Exercises in Physical Geology, 12th Edition
W. Kenneth Hamblin, James D Howard
$209.47 | Add to Cart
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$71.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-82386-1
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$60.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-82093-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$98.53 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-82094-5