With its strong focus on readability and engaging, instructive illustrations, this trusted bestseller returns in a new edition with a bold new look, new contributor Callan Bentley, interactive “SmartFigures,” and a highly anticipated learning path that facilitates active learning. Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology, 11/e maintains its highly visual, non-technical survey and up-to-date coverage of foundational physical geology principles. The authors’ emphasis on currency and relevance includes the latest thinking in the field, particularly in the dynamic area of plate tectonics.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Geology
2. Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Revolution Unfolds
3. Matter and Minerals
4. Magma, Igneous Rocks, and Intrusive Activity
5. Volcanoes and Volcanic Hazards
6. Weathering and Soil
7. Sedimentary Rocks
8. Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks
9. Geologic Time
10. Crustal Deformation
11. Earthquakes and Earthquake Hazards
12. Earth’s Interior
13. Divergent Boundaries: Origin and Evolution of the Ocean Floor
14. Convergent Boundaries: Origin of Mountains
15. Mass Wasting: The Work of Gravity
16. Running Water
18. Glaciers and Glaciation
19. Deserts and Winds
21. Global Climate Change
22. Earth’s Evolution through Geologic Time
23. Energy and Mineral Resources
24. Planetary Geology
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology, CourseSmart eTextbook, 11th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$63.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-82093-8