Table of Contents
Unit 1 Earth Minerals
2: Matter and Minerals
3: Rocks: Materials of the Solid Earth
Unit 2 Sculpturing Earth’s Surface
4: Weathering, Soil, and Mass Wasting
5: Running Water and Ground Water
6: Glaciers, Deserts, and Wind
Unit 3 Forces Within
7: Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Revolution Unfolds
8: Earthquakes and Earth’s Interior
9: Volcanoes and Other Igneous Activity
10: Crustal Deformation and Mountain Building
Unit 4 Deciphering Earth’s History
11: Geologic Time
12: Earth’s Evolution Through Geologic Time
Unit 5 The Global Ocean
13: The Ocean Floor
14: Ocean Water and Ocean Life
15: The Dynamic Ocean
Unit 6 Earth’s Dynamic Atmosphere
16: The Atmosphere: Composition, Structure, and Temperature
17: Moisture, Clouds, and Precipitation
18: Air Pressure and Wind
19: Weather Patterns and Severe Storms
20: World Climates and Global Climate Change
Unit 7 Earth’s Place in the Universe
21: Origins of Modern Astronomy
22: Planetary Geology
23: Light, Astronomical Observations, and The Sun
24: Beyond Our Solar System
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Earth Science, 14th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$75.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-72740-4
$75.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83993-0
$45.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-72523-3
$45.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83989-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users