The first textbook of its kind that addresses the issues of global change from a true Earth systems perspective, The Earth System offers a solid emphasis on lessons from Earth's history that may guide decision-making in the future. It is more rigorous and quantitative than traditional Earth science books, while remaining appropriate for non-science majors.
CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
2. Daisyworld: An Introduction to Systems
3. Global Energy Balance: The Greenhouse Effect
4. The Atmospheric Circulation System
5. The Circulation of the Oceans
6. The Cryosphere
7. Circulation of the Solid Earth: Plate Tectonics
8. Recycling of the Elements
9. Focus on the Biota: Metabolism, Ecosystems and Biodiversity
10. Origin of the Earth and of Life
11. Effect of Life on the Atmosphere: The Rise of Oxygen and Ozone
12. Long-Term Climate Regulation.
13. Biodiversity Through Earth History.
14. Pleistocene Glaciations.
15. Global Warming, Part 1: The Scientific Evidence.
16. Global Warming, Part 2: Impacts, Adaptation, and Mitigation
17. Ozone Depletion.
18. Human Threats to Biodiversity.
19. Climate Stability on Earth and Earth-Like Planets.
Appendix A: Units and Unit Conversions.
Appendix B: Temperature Conversions.
Appendix C: Periodic Table.
Appendix D: Useful Facts.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Earth System, The, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$60.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-68125-6