By applying a unified analytical framework to the models, The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets makes theory intuitive for students, and the rich array of current, real-world events keeps students motivated. Authoritative, comprehensive, and flexible, the text is easy to integrate into a wide variety of syllabi, and its ancillaries provide complete support when teaching the course.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Why Study Money, Banking, and Financial Markets?
Chapter 2: An Overview of the Financial System
Chapter 3: What Is Money?
Part 2: Financial Markets
Chapter 4: Understanding Interest Rates
Chapter 5: The Behavior of Interest Rates
Chapter 6: The Risk and Term Structure of Interest Rates
Chapter 7: The Stock Market, the Theory of Rational Expectations, and the Efficient Market Hypothesis
Part 3: Financial Institutions
Chapter 8: An Economic Analysis of Financial Structure
Chapter 9: Financial Crises
Chapter 10: Banking and the Management of Financial Institutions
Chapter 11: Economic Analysis of Financial Regulation
Chapter 12: Banking Industry: Structure and Competition
Part 4: Central Banking and the Conduct of Monetary Policy
Chapter 13: Central Banks and the Federal Reserve System
Chapter 14: The Money Supply Process
Chapter 15: The Tools of Monetary Policy
Chapter 16: The Conduct of Monetary Policy: Strategy and Tactics
Part 5: International Finance and Monetary Policy
Chapter 17: The Foreign Exchange Market
Chapter 18: The International Financial System
Part 6: Monetary Theory
Chapter 19: Quantity Theory, Inflation, and the Demand for Money
Chapter 20: The IS Curve
Chapter 21: The Monetary Policy and Aggregate Demand Curves
Chapter 22: Aggregate Demand and Supply Analysis
Chapter 23: Monetary Policy Theory
Chapter 24: The Role of Expectations in Monetary Policy
Chapter 25: Transmission Mechanisms of Monetary Policy
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, 10th Edition
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Economics of Money, Banking and Financial Markets, The, 11th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$109.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-288946-9
$62.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-277099-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$113.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-308185-5
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$188.93 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-276364-6