I. THE CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK.
1. Does Organization Matter?
2. Economic Organization and Efficiency.
II. THEORIES OF COORDINATION AND MOTIVATION.
3. Using Prices for Coordination and Motivation.
4. Coordinating Plans and Actions.
5. Incentives and Motivation.
6. Moral Hazard.
7. Risk Sharing and Incentive Contracts.
8. Rents and Efficiency.
III. COORDINATION, MOTIVATION, AND MANAGEMENT.
9. Ownership and Property Rights.
10. Employment Policy and Human-Resource Management.
11. Internal Labor Markets, Job Assignments, and Promotions.
12. Compensation and Motivation.
13. Executive and Managerial Compensation.
IV. DESIGNING AND CHOOSING ORGANIZATIONAL FORMS.
14. The Classical Theory of Investments and Finance.
15. Financial Structure, Ownership, and Corporate Control.
16. The Boundaries and Structure of the Firm.
Author and Subject Indexes.