Economics Today—Bringing the Real World to Your Students
Students learn best when they see concepts applied to examples from their everyday lives. This new edition of Economics Today covers leading-edge issues while lowering barriers to student learning. The text relentlessly pursues the fundamental objective of showing students how economics is front and center in their own lives while providing them with many ways to evaluate their understanding of key concepts covered in each chapter.
Each chapter begins and ends with an Issues and Applications feature, which introduces a timely issue in the chapter opener and analyzes the issue using the economic tools learned in that chapter at the end. This text is also available with MyEconLab®, which includes assessment questions that tie to these Issues and Applications, as well as ABC News video clips. With MyEconLab, students can continue working problems online and receive personalized tutorial resources. Visit MyEconLab for more information.
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text (ISBN: 0132948907) or electronic version, MyEconLab does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MyEconLab, please visit: www.myeconlab.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MyEconLab by searching the Pearson Higher Education web site. MyEconLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Economics
2. Scarcity and the World of Trade-Offs
3. Demand and Supply
4. Extensions of Demand and Supply Analysis
5. Public Spending and Public Choice
6. Funding the Public Sector
II. INTRODUCTION TO MACROECONOMICS AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
7. The Macroeconomy. Unemployment, Inflation and Deflation
8. Measuring the Economy’s Performance
9. Global Economic Growth and Development
III. REAL GDP DETERMINATION AND FISCAL POLICY
10. Real GDP and the Price Level in the Long Run
11. Classical and Keynesian Macro Analyses
12. Consumption, Real GDP, and the Multiplier
13. Fiscal Policy
14. Deficit Spending and the Public Debt
IV. MONEY, STABILIZATION AND GROWTH
15. Money, Banking and Central Banking
16. Domestic and International Dimensions of Monetary Policy
17. Stabilization in an Integrated World Economy
18. Policies and Prospects for Global Economic Growth
V. DIMENSIONS OF MICROECONOMICS
19. Demand and Supply Elasticity
20. Consumer Choice
21. Rents, Profits, and the Financial Environment of Business
VI. MARKET STRUCTURE, RESOURCE ALLOCATION, AND REGULATION
22. The Firm. Cost and Output Determination
23. Perfect Competition
25. Monopolistic Competition
26. Oligopoly and Strategic Behavior
27. Regulation and Antitrust Policy in a Globalized Economy
VII. LABOR RESOURCES AND THE ENVIRONMENT
28. The Labor Market. Demand, Supply, and Outsourcing
29. Unions and Labor Market Monopoly Power
30. Income, Poverty and Health Care
31. Environmental Economics
VIII. GLOBAL ECONOMICS
32. Comparative Advantage and the Open Economy
33. Exchange Rates and the Balance of Payments
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$130.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-296970-3
$75.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-296967-3
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$127.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-295013-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$208.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-295012-1