The 12th Edition of Educational Psychology maintains the lucid writing style for which the author is renowned. It is as free of jargon and technical language as possible in order to be clear, relevant, and interesting to all readers. Theory and practice are not separated in the text, but are considered together. The book shows very clearly how information and ideas drawn from research in educational psychology can be applied to solve the everyday problems of teaching. Readers explore the connections between research and practice through a wealth of examples, lesson segments, case studies, guidelines, and practical tips from experienced teachers. The content reveals the immense value and usefulness of educational psychology, a field that offers unique and crucial knowledge to any who dare to teach and to all who love to learn.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Learning, Teaching, and Educational Psychology
PART 1: STUDENTS
Chapter 2: Cognitive Development
Chapter 3: The Self, Social, and Moral Development
Chapter 4: Learner Differences and Learning Needs
Chapter 5: Language Development, Language Diversity, and Immigrant Education NEW CHAPTER
Chapter 6: Culture and Diversity
PART 2: LEARNING AND MOTIVATION
Chapter 7: Behavioral Views of Learning
Chapter 8: Cognitive Views of Learning
Chapter 9: Complex Cognitive Processes
Chapter 10: The Learning Sciences and Constructivism
Chapter 11: Social Cognitive Views of Learning and Motivation
Chapter 12: Motivation in Learning, and Teaching
PART 3: TEACHING AND ASSESSING
Chapter 13: Creating Learning Environments
Chapter 14: Teaching Every Student
Chapter 15: Classroom Assessment, Grading, and Standardized Testing
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Educational Psychology, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package, 13th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$98.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-290927-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users