Educational Psychology: Windows on Classrooms, Ninth Edition, will help you increase student learning and development. It is the most applied book in the field. If you’re looking for a book that gives you a sound theoretical and research-based foundation and then provides specific and concrete illustrations and guidelines for applying this theory and research with your students, this is the book for you.
The book uses an integrated-case approach. Each chapter begins with a case study taken from actual classroom practice. But, instead of stopping there, Eggen and Kauchak then weave the case throughout each chapter—extracting specific illustrations from it, and in some instances even taking dialogue from the lesson—to illustrate classroom applications of sometimes abstract and hard to understand theory and research.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Educational Psychology Understanding Learning and Teaching
Chapter 2: Cognitive and Language Development
Chapter 3: Personal, Social, and Moral Development
Chapter 4: Learner Diversity
Chapter 5: Learners with Exceptionalities
Chapter 6: Principles of Cognitive Learning Theory and the Construction of Knowledge
Chapter 7: Cognitive Learning and Human Memory
Chapter 8: Complex Cognitive Processes
Chapter 9: Behaviorism and Social Cognitive Theory
Chapter 10: Motivation and Learning
Chapter 11: A Classroom Model for Promoting Student Motivation
Chapter 12: Classroom Management: Developing Self-Regulated Learners
Chapter 13: Learning and Effective Teaching
Chapter 14: Increasing Learning through Assessment
Chapter 15: Standardized Testing and Learning
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Educational Psychology: Windows on Classrooms, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package, 10th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users