Educational Research: An Introduction, Eighth Edition, is the most comprehensive and widely respected text for scholars and for the preparation of graduate-level students who need to understand educational research in depth and conduct original research for a dissertation or thesis. A comprehensive introduction to the major research methods and types of data analysis used today, this text provides in-depth coverage of all facets of research, from the epistemology of quantitative and qualitative scientific inquiry to the design, data collection, analysis, and reporting of a completed study.
Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Educational Research
II. PLANNING A RESEARCH STUDY.
2. The Research Process: From Proposal to Final Report
3. Ethics and Site Relations
4. Reviewing the Literature
III. RESEARCH METHODS.
5. Statistical Techniques
6. Selecting a Sample
7. Collecting Research Data with Tests and Self-Report Measures
8. Collecting Research Data with Questionnaires and Interviews
9. Collecting Research Data through Observation and Content Analysis
IV. QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH DESIGN.
10. Nonexperimental Research: Descriptive and Causal-Comparative Designs
11. Nonexperimental Research: Correlational Designs
12. Experiment Research: Designs, Part 1
13. Experimental Research: Designs, Part 2
V. APPROACHES TO QUALITATIVE RESEARCH.
14. Case Study Research
15. Qualitative Research Traditions
16. Historical Research
VI. APPLICATIONS OF RESEARCH.
17. Evaluation Research
18. Action Research