For courses in nursing management in programs including baccalaureate degrees in generic and BSN completion, and graduate-level nursing programs; for education departments in health care organizations; for nurses in clinical practice who aspire to leadership; and for those already in leadership positions.
Extensively updated to reflect the latest changes in the healthcare system, EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT IN NURSING, 8/e will help both practicing and student nurses manage successfully in today’s challenging, resource-limited healthcare environments. The most up-to-date and complete learning package for nurses who intend to manage, this book combines practicality with conceptual understanding, tapping expertise of contributors from many relevant disciplines, especially healthcare management professionals. This edition offers new or expanded coverage of healthcare reform; quality initiatives; Magnet-certified hospitals; emotional and multicratic leadership; social media; preparation for large-scale emergencies; prevention and response to bullying and workplace violence; and much more. Throughout, new MediaLink boxes link readers to updated resources and activities on the web.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing Nursing Management
2. Designing Organizations
3. Delivering Nursing Care
4. Leading, Managing, Following
5. Initiating and Managing Change
6. Managing and Improving Quality
7. Understanding Power and Politics
PART II. LEARNING KEY SKILLS IN NURSING MANAGEMENT
8. Thinking Critically, Making Decisions, Solving Problems
9. Communicating Effectively
10. Delegating Successfully
11. Building and Managing Teams.
12. Handling Conflict
13. Managing Time
PART III. MANAGING RESOURCES
14. Budgeting and Managing Fiscal Resources
15. Recruiting and Selecting Staff
16. Staffing and Scheduling .
17 . Motivating and Developing Staff
18. Evaluating Staff Performance
19. Coaching, Disciplining, and Terminating Staff
20. Managing Absenteeism, Reducing Turnover, Retaining Staff
21. Dealing with Staff Problems
22. Preparing for Emergencies
23. Preventing Workplace Violence
24. Handling Collective Bargaining Issues
PART IV. TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF
25. Managing Stress
26. Advancing Your Career
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Effective Leadership and Management in Nursing, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$27.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-295067-1