Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133385841.
Sue Bredekamp, one of the foremost authorities in the field of early childhood education, is author of Effective Practices in Early Childhood Education: Building a Foundation, now in its Second Edition. At its core, this intriguing text provides the building blocks for understanding effective practices in early childhood education. Building upon the Developmentally Appropriate Practice framework that she conceptualized, Sue Bredekamp shows how effective teaching practices can make a difference in the lives of young children. Written with a clear and engaging presentation, the author designed the book to prepare a new generation of early childhood professionals by remaining keenly focused on the three core themes threaded throughout: intentional teaching, challenging and interesting curriculum, and evidence-based, effective practices for a new generation of early childhood educators. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Continuity and Change in Early Childhood Education
Chapter 2: Building on a Tradition of Excellence
Chapter 3: Understanding and Applying Developmentally Appropriate Practice
Chapter 4: Applying What We Know about Children’s Learning and Development
Chapter 5: Adapting for Individual Differences
Chapter 6: Embracing a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse World
Chapter 7: Building Effective Partnerships with Families
Chapter 8: Creating a Caring Community of Learners: Guiding Young Children
Chapter 9: Teaching to Enhance Learning and Development
Chapter 10: Planning Effective Curriculum
Chapter 11: Assessing Children’s Learning and Development
Chapter 12: Teaching Children to Communicate: Language, Literacy, and the Arts
Chapter 13: Teaching Children to Investigate and Solve Problems: Mathematics, Science, and Technology
Chapter 14: Teaching Children to Live in a Democratic Society: Social–Emotional Learning and Social Studies
Chapter 15: Teaching Children to Be Healthy and Fit: Physical Development and Health
Chapter 16: Putting It All Together in Practice: Making a Difference for Children
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$75.99 | Buy Access
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$76.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-325738-0