This package includes the Revel access card
Revel™ is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience – for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
Provide the building blocks for understanding effective practices in early childhood education
Inspired by her own classroom experiences, Sue Bredekamp designed Revel Effective Practices in Early Childhood Education: Building a Foundation to empower a new generation of teachers who can make a difference in children’s lives. An entire chapter introduces readers to developmentally appropriate practices (DAP) for early childhood education. Subsequent chapters are organized according to the NAEYC guidelines, which Bredekamp has co-authored for over 30 years. Building on the DAP framework, Bredekamp focuses on three themes that are essential to quality teaching: intentional teaching, developmentally appropriate curriculum, and evidence-based, effective practices. The 4th Edition introduces a new theme, the importance of developing children’s executive function, self-regulation, and positive approaches to learning. Expanded discussions of ways to support and protect the role of play in children’s education, a completely revised chapter on STEM teaching and learning, and a greater focus on culturally responsive curriculum keep readers up to date on the dynamic field of early education.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. In addition to the access card included in this package, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access code for Revel may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
0135177057 / 9780135177051 Effective Practices in Early Childhood Education: Building a Foundation Plus Revel -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0135177375 / 9780135177372 Effective Practices in Early Childhood Education: Building a Foundation
- 0135180899 / 9780135180891 Revel for Effective Practices in Early Childhood Education: Building a Foundation -- Access Card
Table of Contents
- Continuity and Change in Early Childhood EducationBuilding on a Tradition of Excellence
- Understanding and Applying Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Applying What We Know about Children’s Learning and Development
- Adapting for Individual Differences
- Embracing a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse World
- Building Effective Partnerships with Families
- Creating a Caring Community of Learners: Guiding Young Children
- Teaching to Enhance Learning and Development
- Planning Effective Curriculum
- Assessing Children’s Learning and Development
- Teaching Children to Communicate: Language, Literacy, and the Arts
- Teaching Children to Investigate and Solve Problems: Mathematics, Science, and Technology
- Teaching Children to Live in a Democratic Society: Social-Emotional Learning and Social Studies
- Teaching Children to Be Healthy and Fit: Physical Development and Health
- Putting It All Together in Practice: Making a Difference for Children
Add to Cart
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-517991-8
Digital + Print
Add to Cart
$99.99 $79.99 |
Free Ground Shipping.
Add to Cart
$93.32 $74.66 |