Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133400735.
In a conversational style, this market-leading text shows how to apply effective, realistic, research-based teaching practices in today’s heterogeneous classrooms. Effective Teaching Methods: Research-Based Practice, 8/e, prepares teachers to meet the many challenges presented by the changing face of the American school and classroom teaching today–and discover the opportunities for professional growth and advancement those changes provide. The content presented is the direct result of years of research and observation of effective teaching practices in actual classrooms. These are the experiences of real teachers in real classroom, showing teachers both what to do to meet today’s teaching challenges, and how to do it.
The Eighth Edition provides readers with new coverage of important topics including Multiple Intelligences, professional learning communities, working with parents, and standardized testing. A new chapter on Technology Integration includes information on 21st century learning technologies, why teaching with technology is important, and assessing technology integration as well as its effectiveness. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
1 The Effective Teacher
2 Understanding Your Students
3 Classroom Management I: Establishing the Learning Climate
4 Classroom Management II: Promoting Student Engagement
5 Goals, Standards, and Objectives
6 Unit and Lesson Planning
7 Technology Integration in Instruction
8 Questioning Strategies
9 Teaching Strategies for Direct Instruction
10 Teaching Strategies for Indirect Instruction
11 Self-Directed Learning
12 Cooperative Learning and the Collaborative Process
13 Assessing Learners
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$73.99 | Buy Access
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$75.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-313831-3