For all courses on reading electrocardiograms, in curricula that include EKG/cardiac tech, nursing, critical care, paramedic, medicine, respiratory therapy, and exercise physiology.
Unlike books that encourage rote memorization, this conversationally-written text puts the student at the patient’s bedside, focusing not just on identifying rhythms or EKGs, but also on “Now what do I do for the patient?” Assuming no prior knowledge, it covers EKG from basic to advanced concepts. Part I progresses seamlessly from basic cardiac A&P through waves and complexes, lead morphology, and rhythms. Part II covers 12-lead interpretation, axis, hypertrophy, myocardial infarction, and more. The text presents many clinical scenarios, anecdotes, and critical thinking exercises, plus hundreds of practice rhythm strips and 12-lead EKGs. This edition adds new scenarios, chapter notes, and tables; more medication information; and new coverage ranging from MI symptoms to hemiblocks.
Table of Contents
PART I. THE BASICS
1. Coronary Anatomy and Physiology
3. Lead Morphology and Placement
4. Technical Aspects of the EKG
5. Calculating Heart Rate
6. How to Interpret a Rhythm Strip
7. Rhythms Originating in the Sinus Node
8. Rhythms Originating in the Atria
9. Rhythms Originating in the AV Junction
10. Rhythms Originating in the Ventricles
11. AV Blocks
12. Rhythm Practice Strips
PART II. ADVANCED CONCEPTS
13. How to Interpret a 12-Lead EKG
14. Myocardial Infarction
15. 12-Lead EKG Practice
16. Medications and Electrical Therapy
17. Diagnostic Electrocardiography
18. Putting It All Together: Critical Thinking Scenarios
Answers to Skills Practice Questions, End-of-Practice Quizzes, and Critical Thinking Exercises Questions
Glossary of Abbreviations
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
EKG Plain and Simple, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$36.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-237763-8