Electric Circuits, Tenth Edition, is designed for use in a one or two-semester Introductory Circuit Analysis or Circuit Theory Course taught in Electrical or Computer Engineering Departments. This title is also suitable for readers seeking an introduction to electric circuits.
Electric Circuits is the most widely used introductory circuits textbook of the past 25 years. As this book has evolved to meet the changing learning styles of students, the underlying teaching approaches and philosophies remain unchanged.
MasteringEngineering for Electric Circuits is a total learning package that is designed to improve results through personalized learning. This innovative online program emulates the instructor’s office–hour environment, guiding students through engineering concepts from Electric Circuits with self-paced individualized coaching.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students.
- Personalize Learning with Individualized Coaching: MasteringEngineering provides students with wrong-answer specific feedback and hints as they work through tutorial homework problems.
- Emphasize the Relationship between Conceptual Understanding and Problem Solving Approaches: Chapter Problems and Practical Perspectives illustrate how the generalized techniques presented in a first-year circuit analysis course relate to problems faced by practicing engineers.
- Build an Understanding of Concepts and Ideas Explicitly in Terms of Previous Learning: Assessment Problems and Fundamental Equations and Concepts help students focus on the key principles in electric circuits.
- Provide Students with a Strong Foundation of Engineering Practices: Computer tools, examples, and supplementary workbooks assist students in the learning process.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringEngineering does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringEngineering search for ISBN-10: 0133875903/ISBN-13: 9780133875904. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133760030/ISBN-13: 9780133760033 and ISBN-10: 013380173X /ISBN-13: 9780133801736.
MasteringEngineering is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
List of Examples xiii
Chapter 1 Circuit Variables 2
Chapter 2 Circuit Elements 24
Chapter 3 Simple Resistive Circuits 56
Chapter 4 Techniques of Circuit Analysis 88
Chapter 5 The Operational Amplifier 144
Chapter 6 Inductance, Capacitance, and Mutual Inductance 174
Chapter 7 Response of First-Order RL and RC Circuits 212
Chapter 8 Natural and Step Responses of RLC Circuits 264
Chapter 9 Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis 304
Chapter 10 Sinusoidal Steady-State Power Calculations 358
Chapter 11 Balanced Three-Phase Circuits 396
Chapter 12 Introduction to the Laplace Transform 426
Chapter 13 The Laplace Transform in Circuit Analysis 464
Chapter 14 Introduction to Frequency Selective Circuits 520
Chapter 15 Active Filter Circuits 556
Chapter 16 Fourier Series 602
Chapter 17 The Fourier Transform 642
Chapter 18 Two-Port Circuits 676
Appendix A The Solution of Linear Simultaneous Equations 703
Appendix B Complex Numbers 723
Appendix C More on Magnetically Coupled Coils and Ideal Transformers 729
Appendix D The Decibel 737
Appendix E Bode Diagrams 739
Appendix F An Abbreviated Table of Trigonometric Identities 757
Appendix G An Abbreviated Table of Integrals 759
Appendix H Common Standard Component Values 761
Answers to Selected Problems 763
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$38.40 | Add to Cart
$38.40 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134075723
Includes this title packaged with:
- MasteringEngineering with Pearson etext -- Access Card -- for Electric Circuits, 10th Edition
James W. Nilsson, Susan Riedel
$457.93 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$110.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359534-5
$110.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-380174-3
$60.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359533-8
$60.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359540-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users