For use in all nursing courses that cover electronic health records, in universities, community colleges, and private nursing schools offering baccalaureate RN degrees; as well as in LPN and LVN programs. Also for nursing informatics students who have not yet used EHRs; and for licensed nurses learning EHR technology in continuing education settings.
This is the complete “learn by doing” text for every nurse and nursing student who must use an electronic health records system. In support of federal mandates and the profession’s commitment to transition to EHR systems, this book thoroughly explains both EHR tasks and functional benefits, integrating EHR history, theory, and benefits with hands-on opportunities to experience actual EHR environments. Reflecting current EHR rules, regulations, and innovations, it contains comprehensive guided and critical thinking exercises utilizing actual EHR software, standardized EHR nomenclature, and the six-step Nursing Process Standard of Care. To gain a firm foundation of understanding, students apply EHR in inpatient and outpatient nursing, home care, nursing home, pediatric, hypertension clinic, and other practice settings. This text also contains a full chapter on electronic nursing care plans.
Table of Contents
1. Electronic Health Records–An Overview
2. Functional EHR Systems
3. Learning Medical Record Software
4. Increased Familiarity with the Software
5. Data Entry At The Point of Care
6. Electronic Nursing Care Plans
7. Understanding Electronic Orders
8. Problem Lists, Results Management, and Trending
9. Data Entry Using Flow Sheets and Anatomical Drawings
10. Subacute Care, Nursing Homes, and Home Care
11. Using the Internet to Expedite Care
12. Using the EHR for Prevention and Health Maintenance
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Electronic Health Records and Nursing, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$36.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-281815-5