For use in courses that cover EHRs in Medical Assisting, undergraduate RN and LVN nursing programs, and as an adjunct to other allied professional curriculums (including RT, PT, and OT. Also valuable for continuing education courses covering EHR.
This is the complete “learn by doing” text for everyone who must use an electronic health records system, including doctors, nurses, medical assistants, physician assistants, and other medical office staff. It provides a thorough understanding of EHR tasks and functional benefits that is continuously reinforced by actual EHR experiences. Updated to reflect the latest EHR rules, regulations, and innovations, this new edition also contains 50% more hands-on guided and critical thinking exercises utilizing real EHR software. Improvements also include a full chapter on electronic orders and results; new workflow examples; shorter chapters that more easily accommodate 12-week courses; and a revised, clarified discussion of E&M billing codes.
Table of Contents
About the Author
1. Electronic Health Records–An Overview
2. Functional EHR Systems
3. Learning Medical Record Software
4. Increased Familiarity with the Software
5. Data Entry At The Point of Care
6. Understanding Electronic Orders
Comprehensive Evaluation Chapters 1 through 6
7. Problem Lists, Results Management, and Trending
8. Data Entry Using Flow Sheets and Anatomical Drawings
9. Using the EHR to Improve Patient Health
10. Privacy and Security of Health Records
11. Using the Internet to Expedite Patient Care
12. EHR Coding and Reimbursement
Comprehensive Evaluation Chapters 7 through 12
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$46.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-255743-6