Offering current examples and modern science within a one-of-a-kind Earth systems organization, Christopherson combines student-friendly writing, the most current applications, outstanding art, and a strong multimedia program for a truly unique physical geography experience.
Table of Contents
PART I: The Energy-Atmosphere System
2. Solar Energy, Seasons, and the Atmosphere
3. Atmospheric Energy and Global Temperatures
4. Atmospheric and Oceanic Circulations
PART II: Water, Weather, and Climate Systems
5. Atmospheric Water and Weather
6. Water Resources
7. Climate Systems and Climate Change
PART III: The Earth—Atmosphere Interface
8. The Dynamic Planet
9. Tectonics, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
10. Weathering, Karst Landscapes, and Mass Movement
11. River Systems and Landforms
12. The Oceans, Coastal Systems, and Wind Processes
13. Glacial and Periglacial Landscapes
PART IV: Soils, Ecosystems, and Biomes
14. The Geography of Soils
15. Ecosystem Essentials
16. Terrestrial Biomes
17. Earth and the Human Denominator
Appendix A Maps in this Text and Topographic Maps
Appendix B The Köppen Climate Classification System
Appendix C Common Conversions
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Elemental Geosystems, 8th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$74.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77617-4
$43.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77619-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users