Offering current examples and modern science within a one-of-a-kind Earth systems organization, Christopherson combines student-friendly writing, the most current applications, outstanding art, and a strong multimedia program for a truly unique physical geography experience.
Table of Contents
PART I: The Energy-Atmosphere System
2. Solar Energy, Seasons, and the Atmosphere
3. Atmospheric Energy and Global Temperatures
4. Atmospheric and Oceanic Circulations
PART II: Water, Weather, and Climate Systems
5. Atmospheric Water and Weather
6. Water Resources
7. Climate Systems and Climate Change
PART III: The Earth—Atmosphere Interface
8. The Dynamic Planet
9. Tectonics, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
10. Weathering, Karst Landscapes, and Mass Movement
11. River Systems and Landforms
12. The Oceans, Coastal Systems, and Wind Processes
13. Glacial and Periglacial Landscapes
PART IV: Soils, Ecosystems, and Biomes
14. The Geography of Soils
15. Ecosystem Essentials
16. Terrestrial Biomes
17. Earth and the Human Denominator
Appendix A Maps in this Text and Topographic Maps
Appendix B The Köppen Climate Classification System
Appendix C Common Conversions
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$38.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77619-8
$71.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77617-4
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$57.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-80323-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$93.73 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-80329-0