Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Ecology
I. THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT
3. The Aquatic Environment
4. The Terrestrial Environment
II. THE ORGANISM AND ITS ENVIRONMENT
5. Adaptation and Natural Selection
6. Plant Adaptations to the Environment
7. Animal Adaptations to the Environment
8. Life History Patterns
9. Properties of Populations
10. Population Growth
11. Intraspecific Population Regulation
IV. SPECIES INTERACTIONS
13. Interspecific Competition
15. Parasitism and Mutualism
V. COMMUNITY ECOLOGY
16. Community Structure
17. Factors Influencing the Structure of Communities
18. Community Dynamics
19. Landscape Ecology
VI. ECOSYSTEM ECOLOGY
20. Ecosystem Energetics
21. Decomposition and Nutrient Cycling
22. Biogeochemical Cycles
VII. BIOGEOGRAPHICAL ECOLOGY
23. Terrestrial Ecosystems
24. Coastal and Wetland Ecosystems
25. Land-Water Margins
26. Large-scale Patterns of Biological Diversity
VIII. HUMAN ECOLOGY
27. Population Growth, Resource Use, and Sustainability
28. Habitat Loss, Biodiversity, and Conservation
29. Global Climate Change
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Elements of Ecology, 8th Edition as a replacement.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$64.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-72346-8