NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Elements of Ecology, Ninth Edition continues to explain ecological processes clearly and concisely, with a greater emphasis on the relevance of ecology to everyday life and the human impact on ecosystems. This dramatically revised edition discusses issues of human ecology throughout the text and provides a greater variety of opportunities for students to learn, practice, and develop quantitative and analytical skills. Current research examples and other content updates are supported by more than 200 redesigned, full-color illustrations, graphs, and tables.
Elements of Ecology now includes MasteringBiology®, an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that improves results by helping students quickly master concepts both in and outside the classroom. The book and MasteringBiology work together to create a classroom experience that enables students to succeed in biology and ecology courses.
With Elements of Ecology, 9/e you can:
- Personalize Learning with MasteringBiology: MasteringBiology improves results by helping students quickly master ecology concepts both in and outside the classroom.
- Help Students Interpret and Analyze Ecology Data: New and expanded in-text instruction and practice is provided in Interpreting Ecological Data figure questions, in-depth Quantifying Ecology boxes, and Analyzing Ecological Data case studies. Many are expanded and assignable in MasteringBiology.
- Keep Your Course Current and Relevant while also keeping students focused on learning essential concepts: With updated “Field Studies” and research references throughout, the Ninth Edition also provides a streamlined discussion on metapopulations and integrates human ecology concepts into all chapters.
0321934172/0321934172 Elements of Ecology Plus MasteringBiology with eText -- Access Card Package, 9/e:
Package consists of:
- 0321934180 / 9780321934185: Elements of Ecology, 9/e
- 0321976010 / 9780321976017: MasteringBiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Elements of Ecology
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: The Nature of Ecology
PART 1 The Physical Environment
Chapter 2: Climate
Chapter 3: The Aquatic Environment
Chapter 4: The Terrestrial Environment
PART 2 The Organism and its Environment
Chapter 5: Adaptation and Natural Selection
Chapter 6: Plant Adaptations to the Environment
Chapter 7: Animal Adaptations to the Environment
PART 3 Populations
Chapter 8: Properties of Populations
Chapter 9: Population Growth
Chapter 10: Life History
Chapter 11: Intraspecific Population Regulation
PART 4 Species Interactiions
Chapter 12: Species Interactions, Population Dynamics, and Natural Selection
Chapter 13: Interspecific Competition
Chapter 14: Predation
Chapter 15: Parasitism and Mutualism
PART 5 Community Ecology
Chapter 16: Community Structure
Chapter 17: Factors Influencing the Structure of Communities
Chapter 18: Community Dynamics
Chapter 19: Landscape Dynamics
PART 6 Ecosystem Ecology
Chapter 20: Ecosystem Energetics
Chapter 21: Decomposition and Nutrient Cycling
Chapter 22: Biogeochemical Cycles
PART 7 Ecological Biogeography
Chapter 23: Terrestrial Ecosystems
Chapter 24: Aquatic Ecosystems
Chapter 25: Coastal and Wetland Ecosystems
Chapter 26: Large-Scale Patterns of Biological Diversity
Chapter 27: The Ecology of Climate Change
$62.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-97629-1
$62.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-97679-6
$95.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99890-3
$95.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-389923-8
Digital + Print
$151.80 $144.21 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-388944-4 $125.13 $118.87 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99491-2 $197.33 $187.46 |
Free Ground Shipping.