The leader in the field, Emergency Medical Responder, Ninth Edition, provides clear first responder-level training for fire service, emergency, law enforcement, military, civil, and industrial personnel. The new ninth edition retains many successful features from previous editions and includes new topics and concepts that have recently become part of most Emergency Medical Responder programs. The foundation of this text is the new National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards for Emergency Medical Responder, and it also includes the 2010 American Heart Association guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 – Introduction to EMS Systems
Chapter 2 – Legal and Ethical Principles of Emergency Care
Chapter 3 – Wellness and Safety of the Emergency Medical Responder
Chapter 4 – Introduction to Medical Terminology, Human Anatomy, and Lifespan Development
Chapter 5 – Principles of Lifting, Moving and Positioning of Patients
Chapter 6 – Principles of Effective Communication
Chapter 7 – Principles of Effective Documentation
Chapter 8 – Airway Management & Ventilation
Chapter 9 – Oxygen Therapy
Chapter 10 – Resuscitation and the use of the Automated External Defibrillator
Chapter 11 – ObtainingVital Signs & History
Chapter 12 – Principles of Patient Assessment (Sample Chapter)
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$77.33 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$15.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-706957-6
$22.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-511396-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$52.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300411-3