This book offers guidance for understanding benefits options and plan structures, and making better decisions for your organization. Writing for both HR and finance professionals, internationally respected compensation and benefits professor and consultant Bashker Biswas drills comprehensively into today's most important benefits-related topics and challenges. Employee Benefits Design and Planning covers all this, and much more:
- Finance and accounting implications of Healthcare benefits
- Other risk benefits
- Severance benefits
- Disability and group life insurance programs
- Flexible benefits
- Non-qualified deferred arrangements
- 409A plans, ESOPs, Money Purchase Pension Plans, Cash Balance Plans, 401(k), 403(b) plans and 457 Plans
- Employee benefit plan financial reporting, legal compliance, and auditing
- Employee benefits in mergers and acquisitions
- Self-funding vs. insurance funding decisions
- Global employee benefits including umbrella pension plans and multi-national pooling
- Equity participation in employee benefit plans
Biswas introduces and explains key employee benefit metrics and ratios, and demonstrates best practices for forecasting costs and budgeting appropriately. For all compensation professionals, benefits professionals, human resource professionals, accounting professionals, labor attorneys, financial analysts, and finance professionals. Readers will have roles in benefits-related consulting, finance, accounting, and human resource management, both domestic and international.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Setting the Stage 1
Chapter 2: Healthcare Benefits 27
Chapter 3: Healthcare Benefit Financing 73
Chapter 4: Other Risk Benefits 109
Chapter 5: Retirement Plans 151
Chapter 6: Other Types of Retirement Benefits 209
Chapter 7: Equity-Based Employee Benefit Plans 235
Chapter 8: International Employee Benefits 277
Chapter 9: Ancillary Benefits 309
Chapter 10: Employee Benefits Cost Management 337
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
eBook (Watermarked) ?
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
$129.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348135-8