For courses in First Responder and EMS
EMR Complete, Second Edition, is a combination text/workbook that enables students to instantly apply knowledge learned throughout a chapter by reading short segments followed by immediate review in which they can write and then check their answers. The Teaching and Learning package includes online access to instructor and student resources.
Teaching and Learning Experience
- Meets the most recent National EMS Education Standards.
- Enables students to apply knowledge and skills learned throughout a chapter from the perspective of a first responder.
- Supported with online access to resources for teaching and learning success.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1: PREPARATORY
1. Introduction to EMS Systems
2. EMR Safety and Wellness
3. Medical, Legal, and Ethical Issues
4. Medical Terminology
5. Anatomy and Physiology
6. Lifespan Development
SECTION 2: AIRWAY AND CARDIAC RESUSCITATION
8. Cardiac Resuscitation and Defibrillation
SECTION 3: PATIENT ASSESSMENT
9. Patient Assessment: Scene Size-up
10. Patient Assessment: The Primary Assessment
11. Patient Assessment: History and Vital Signs
12. Patient Assessment: Secondary Assessment
13. Communication and Documentation
SECTION 4: MEDICAL EMERGENCIES
14. Cardiac and Respiratory Emergencies
15. Altered Mental Status
16. Medical Emergencies
SECTION 5: TRAUMA
17. Overview of Trauma and Trauma Systems
18. Bleeding and Shock
19. Chest and Abdominal Emergencies
20. Soft Tissue Injuries
21. Injuries to the Head and Spine
22. Musculoskeletal Injuries
23. Environmental Emergencies
SECTION 6: SPECIAL PATIENT POPULATIONS
24. Obstetrics and Neonatal Care
25. Pediatric Emergencies
26. Geriatric Patients
27. Special Populations and Situations
SECTION 7: OPERATIONS
29. Incident Management
30. Special Operations
31. Terrorism and Natural Disasters
Appendix A: Glossary
Appendix B: Answer Key
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
EMR Complete: A Worktext, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-356512-6