EMT Complete: A Comprehensive Worktext, Second Edition, is the first and only worktext to combine the elements of the traditional textbook and a workbook into one easy-to-use student resource. Conceived, written, and reviewed by some of the most dedicated professionals in EMS education today, this worktext is designed to help you develop the critical thinking skills needed to get the best outcomes possible for your patients. Updated and expanded to meet the latest national standards and treatment guidelines, the worktext is also supported with a wealth of on-line resources, offering a learning package designed to help you succeed in your EMT course.
Table of Contents
Module 1: Fundamentals
1. You and the EMS System
2. Workforce Safety and Wellness
3. Legal and Ethical Considerations of Providing Care
4. Medical Terminology
5. Anatomy and Physiology
7. Life Span Development
8. Lifting, Moving, and Positioning Patients
9. Obtaining Vital Signs and a Medical History
11. Documenting Your Assessment and Care
Module 1 Review and Practice Examination
Module 2: Patient Assessment
12. Performing a Scene Size-up and Primary Assessment
13. Managing Your Patient’s Airway and Ventilation
14. Secondary Assessment
Module 2 Review and Practice Examination
Module 3: Medical Emergencies
15. Your Approach to the Medical Patient
17. Patients with Breathing Difficulty
18. Caring forCardiac Emergencies and Resuscitation
19. Caring for Patients with Seizures and Syncope
20. Caring for Patients with Altered Mental Status, Stroke, and Headache
22. Caring for Acute Abdominal Emergencies
23. Caring for Acute Diabetic Emergencies
24. Caring for Patients with Allergy-Related Emergencies
25. Caring for Hematologic and Renal Emergencies
26. Caring for Patients with Behavioral Emergencies
27. Obstetrics and Care of the Newborn
Module 3 Review and Practice Examination
Module 4: Trauma Emergencies
28. Your Approach to the Trauma Patient
29. Recognition and Care of the Shock Patient
30. Controlling Bleeding
31. Caring for Patients with Soft-Tissue Injuries
32. Caring for Patients with Burn Injuries
33. Caring for Chest, Abdominal, and Genital Trauma
34. Caring for Patients with Musculoskeletal Injuries
35. Caring for Patients with Head Injuries
36. Caring for Patients with Spine Injuries
37. Caring for Patients with Environmental Emergencies
Module 4 Review and Practice Examination
Module 5: Special Populations
38. Caring for Pediatric Patients
39. Caring for the Geriatric Patient
40. Caring for Patients with Special Challenges
Module 5 Review and Practice Examination
Module 6: Ambulance Operations
41. Operating and Maintaining Your Ambulance
42. Overview of Incident Command and Incident Management Systems
43. Responses to Multiple-Casualty Incidents
44. Responses Involving Hazardous Materials
45. Vehicle Extrication and Air Medical Response
46. Responses Involving Terrorism
Module 6 Review and Practice Examination
1. Final Practice Review
2. ALS Assist Skills
3. Advanced Airway Management
4. Your Successful Career in EMS
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133479799
Includes this title packaged with:
- EMSTESTING.COM: EMT -- Access Card
. Platinum Educational Group
$202.20 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$71.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-291236-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$64.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-336818-5