English for Careers, 11e is designed to keep pace with changing student populations and current workplace trends. Appropriate for a wide audience, it helps students acquire fluency in Standard English and understand the basic principles of grammar, punctuation and writing. Offering a warm tone and accessible presentation, it focuses on the “real-world” English skills needed to get a good job, hold a job, and advance in a career. This edition offers a new and improved instructional design, career connection features, and more real-world assignments.
Table of Contents
UNIT I: MASTERING THE ART OF GOOD WRITING
1. References and Resources
2. The Parts of Speech
3. Sentence Fundamentals
UNIT 2: KNOWING YOUR SUBJECT
4. Nouns: Forming Plurals
5. Nouns: Forming Possessives
6. Pronouns: Types and Their Uses
7. Pronouns: Agreement and Writing Principles
UNIT 3: MASTERING VERBS & MODIFIERS
8. Verbs: Types, Tenses, and Forms
9. Subject-Verb Agreement
10. Adjectives and Adverbs
UNIT 4: PERFECTING SENTENCE PUNCTUATION
11. Punctuation: The Comma
12. Punctuation: The Semicolon, Colon, and Other Marks
13. Punctuation: The Fine Points
UNIT 5: WRITING FOR CAREER SUCCESS
14. Polishing Your Writing
15. Capitalization, Abbreviation, and Numbers
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$76.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307490-1