For undergraduate and graduate courses in entrepreneurship and/or small business management.
Discover how to successfully launch and manage a small business.
Open your students’ minds to the possibilities, challenges, and rewards of becoming a small business owner with Entrepreneurship and Effective Small Business Management. This text provides students with the tools they need in order to launch and manage a small business.
This Eleventh Edition continues to provide students with a practical, hands-on approach to launch a business that has the greatest chance for success. This edition features ten new cases and the most recent statistics, studies, surveys, and research about entrepreneurship and small business management.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Get Students to Think Critically about Concepts: Cases challenge students to think critically about a variety of topics.
- Encourage Students to Apply Concepts: Examples and exercises allow students to see how entrepreneurs are putting into practice the concepts that they are learning.
- Stay on the Cutting-Edge with Today’s Hottest Topics: Every chapter reflects the most recent statistics, studies, surveys, and research about entrepreneurship and small business management.
Table of Contents
Section 1: The Rewards and Challenges of Entrepreneurship
1. Entrepreneurs: The Driving Force Behind Small Business
2. Ethics and Social Responsibility: Doing the Right Thing
3. Creativity and Innovation: Keys to Entrepreneurial Success
4. Strategic Management and the Entrepreneur
Section 2: Launching a Venture: Entry Strategies
5. Choosing a Form of Ownership
6. Franchising and the Entrepreneur
7. Buying an Existing Business
8. New Business Planning Process: Feasibility Analysis, Business Modeling, and Crafting a Winning Business Plan
Section 3: Building a Marketing Plan
9. Building a Bootstrap Marketing Plan
10. Creative Use of Advertising and Promotion
11. Pricing and Credit Strategies
12. Global Marketing Strategies
13. E-Commerce and Entrepreneurship
Section 4: Building a Financial Plan
14. Creating a Solid Financial Plan
15. Managing Cash Flow
16. Sources of Equity Financing
17. Sources of Debt Financing
Section 5: Building an Operating Plan
18. Location, Layout, and Physical Facilities
19. Supply Chain Management
20. Managing Inventory
21. Staffing and Leading a Growing Company
Section 6: Legal Aspects of Small Business: Succession, Ethics, and Government Regulation
22. Management Succession and Risk Management Strategies in the Family Business23. The Legal Environment: Business Law and Government Regulation
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$86.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-350823-9
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$141.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354307-0