Written by award-winning experts, Steve Mariotti and Caroline Glackin, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management presents complex economic, financial and business concepts in a manner easily understood by a variety of students. Based on a proven curriculum from the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), it is organized to follow the life-cycle of an entrepreneurial venture–from concept through implementation to harvesting or replication. Filled with examples from a broad range of industries, it moves further into the entrepreneurial process–discussing the business plan and also the unique aspects of managing and growing entrepreneurial ventures and small businesses.
Table of Contents
UNIT 1 What Business Do You Want to Start?
1. Entrepreneurs Recognize Opportunities
3. Finding Opportunity in an Existing Business
4. The Business Plan: Road Map to Success
Unit 1 Case Study: FastSigns
UNIT 2 Who Are Your Customers?
5. Creating Business from Opportunity
6. Exploring Your Market
Unit 2 Case Study: Nicole Miller Ltd.
UNIT 3 Integrated Marketing
7. Developing the Right Marketing Mix and Plan
8. Pricing and Credit Strategies
9. Integrated Marketing Communications
10. Marketing Globally
11. Smart Selling and Effective Customer Service
Unit 3 Case Study: Ken Done Galleries
UNIT 4 Finding, Securing, and Managing Financial Resources
12. Understanding and Managing Start-Up, Fixed, and Variable Costs
13. Using Financial Statements to Guide a Business
14. Cash Flow and Taxes
15. Financing Strategy: Debt, Equity, or Both?
Unit 4 Case Study: Bridgecreek Development
UNIT 5 Operating a Small Business Effectively
16. Addressing Legal Issues and Managing Risk
17. Operating for Success
18. Location, Facilities and Layout
19. Human Resources and Management
Unit 5 Case Study: Mo’s Chowder
UNIT 6 Leadership, Ethics, and Exits
20. Leadership and Ethical Practices
21. Franchising, Licensing, and Harvesting: Cashing in the Brand
Unit 6 Case Study: Avocent
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, 2nd Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$89.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-311727-1