For courses in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management.
Written by award-winning experts, Steve Mariotti and Caroline Glackin, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management presents difficult economic, financial and business concepts in a manner easily understood by a variety of students. Based on a proven curriculum from the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), it is organized to follow the life-cycle of an entrepreneurial venture–from concept through implementation to harvesting to replication. Filled with examples from a broad range of careers, it moves further into the entrepreneurial process–discussing the business plan and also the details of managing and growing a small business.
Table of Contents
UNIT 1 What Business Do You Want to Start?
1. Entrepreneurs Recognize Opportunities
3. Finding Opportunity in an Existing Business
4. The Business Plan: Road Map to Success
Unit 1 Case Study: FastSigns
UNIT 2 Who Are Your Customers?
5. Creating Business from Opportunity
6. Exploring Your Market
Unit 2 Case Study: Nicole Miller Ltd.
UNIT 3 Integrated Marketing
7. Developing the Right Marketing Mix and Plan
8. Pricing and Credit Strategies
9. Integrated Marketing Communications
10. Marketing Globally
11. Smart Selling and Effective Customer Service
Unit 3 Case Study: Ken Done Galleries
UNIT 4 Finding, Securing, and Managing Financial Resources
12. Understanding and Managing Start-Up, Fixed, and Variable Costs
13. Using Financial Statements to Guide a Business
14. Cash Flow and Taxes
15. Financing Strategy: Debt, Equity, or Both?
Unit 4 Case Study: Bridgecreek Development
UNIT 5 Operating a Small Business Effectively
16. Addressing Legal Issues and Managing Risk
17. Operating for Success
18. Location, Facilities and Layout
19. Human Resources and Management
Unit 5 Case Study: Mo’s Chowder
UNIT 6 Leadership, Ethics, and Exits
20. Leadership and Ethical Practices
21. Franchising, Licensing, and Harvesting: Cashing in the Brand
Unit 6 Case Study: Avocent
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$69.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-506644-7