Entrepreneurship: Starting and Operating A Small Business, Third Edition, demystifies the process of starting a business by presenting difficult economic, financial and business concepts in a manner easily understood by beginning business students. This edition is based on a proven curriculum from the Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) and includes new case studies, a new Honest Tea Business Plan, and more on topics such as cash flow and e-marketing. Drawing on the experience of Steve Mariotti and Caroline Glackin, students will begin building their business plan as soon as they open the text! In a step by step process students will learn how to start a small business, operate a small business and turn their ideas into viable business opportunities.
Table of Contents
UNIT I: ENTREPRENEURIAL PATHWAYS
1. Entrepreneurs Recognize Opportunities
2. The Business Plan: Road Map to Success
The Honest Tea Business Plan
3. Creating Business from Opportunity
Unit I Case Study: Nicole Miller Company
UNIT II: INTEGRATED MARKETING
4. Exploring Your Market
5. Developing the Right Marketing Mix and Plan
6. Smart Selling and Effective Customer Service
Unit II Case Study: Ken Done Studios
UNIT III: SHOW ME THE MONEY: FINDING, SECURING, AND MANAGING IT
7. Understanding and Managing Start-Up, Fixed, and Variable Costs
8. Using Financial Statements to Guide a Business
9. Cash Flow and Taxes
10. Financing Strategy: Debt, Equity, or Both?
Unit III: Case Study: FASTSIGNS
UNIT IV: OPERATING A SMALL BUSINESS EFFECTIVELY
11. Addressing Legal Issues and Managing Risk
12. Operating for Success
13. Management, Leadership and Ethical Practices
Unit III: Case Study: Mo's Chowder
14. Franchising, Licensing, and Harvesting: Cashing in Your Brand
Unit IV: Case Study: Avocent
APPENDIX I: HONEST TEA SAMPLE BUSINESS PLAN–ANNOTATED
APPENDIX II: SAMPLE STUDENT BUSINESS PLAN
APPENDIX III: BIZBUILDER BUISINESS PLAN
APPENDIX IV: RESOURCES FOR ENTREPRENEURS
APPENDIX V: USEFUL FORMULAS AND EQUATIONS
APPENDIX VI: ACCOUNTING JOURNAL DISTRIBUTION GUIDE
APPENDIX VII: USING BUSINESS PLAN PRO®
APPENDIX VIII: GLOSSARY
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Entrepreneurship: Starting and Operating a Small Business, 3rd Edition
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134141305
Includes this title packaged with:
- LivePlan 6-Month Access Card
. . Palo Alto Software
$251.53 $240.84 | Add to Cart
$91.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307282-2
$225.40 $215.82 |
Free Ground Shipping.