Welcome to a new introductory environmental science book that offers students a reliable science foundation and inspires them to connect the course to the choices they can make as citizens.
It’s about science–informed by decades of careful research by generations of scientists and presented in a manner non-science majors understand.
It’s about solutions—offering a fresh alternative to “doom and gloom” by emphasizing problem solving and scalable solutions so students can make more informed choices on actions to support the well-being of humans and the planet.
It’s about today’s students—making navigating information, focusing, and learning easier for a wide range of students.
It’s written by a world-class scientist and dedicated teacher—author Norm Christensen was elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, is founding dean of the Nicholas School of the Environment, and has served as president of the Ecological Society of America. He is also a gifted teacher who has taught the introductory environmental science course for over 15 years and won a Distinguished Teaching Award.
This package contains:
- The Environment and You
Table of Contents
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Environment and You, The, 2nd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$94.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77625-9
$60.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-77644-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users