ERGONOMICS: BODY MECHANICS AND SELF CARE FOR BODYWORKERS, 1/e is a comprehensive, engaging text which helps students develop good ergonomic habits by assessing their biomechanics and gaining an internal awareness of their posture and movement patterns. It combines hands-on techniques for kinesthetic learners, aesthetically pleasing photography for visual learners, and reviews of anatomy and kinesiology that link scientific principles with personal body mechanics and self-care. It presents student-centered coverage of multiple self-care topics, including exercise, self-massage, relaxation techniques, and stress management, helping practitioners extend their careers and improve their health. Exclusive threaded worksheets enable students to build on what they’ve learned in previous chapters, performing tasks that reflect a holistic understanding of diverse ideas and techniques.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Ergonomics
2. Postural Assessment
3. Assessment of Motion
4. Common Postural Distortions
Part II. Principles into Practice: Techniques, Environment and Self-Care
5. Ergonomic Techniques for the Bodyworker
6. Workplace Environment
7. Self-Care: Exercise
8. Self-Care: Self-Massage
9. Self-Care: Stress Buster
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$10.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-801315-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$31.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300375-8