For all research methods courses in criminal justice and criminology programs.
This criminal justice and criminology research methods text brings together thorough and balanced coverage of both quantitative and qualitative methods, including deeper coverage of the mixed-methods approach than any other text. It showcases the field’s most relevant and important research, helping students understand both the significance and relevance of criminal justice and criminology research. This text is designed to keep readers engaged through user-friendly writing, outstanding student research projects, and many hands-on exercises. It is also rigorous, logically coherent, and comprehensive — providing everything students need to become critical consumers and competent producers of research-based knowledge.
Table of Contents
1. Criminal Justice and Criminology Research: Mapping the Terrain
2. The Nature of Science and Research
3. Philosophical and Theoretical Foundations
PART II. CONSIDERATIONS IN RESEARCH PREPARATION
4. Ethics and Reviewing the Literature
5. Quantitative and Qualitative Research Design
6. Quantitative and Qualitative Measurement and Sampling
PART III. QUANTITATIVE DATA COLLECTION
7. Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Crime and Justice Research
8. Survey and Interview Methods
9. Nonreactive Research: Content Analysis and Existing Documents/Statistics
PART IV. QUALITATIVE RESEARCH, MIXED METHODS, AND WRITING
10. Crime and Justice Ethnographic Field Research
11. Historical, Qualitative Document Analysis, Academic Legal and Mixed Methods Research
PART V. QUANTITATIVE AND QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS
12. Analysis of Quantitative and Qualitative Data
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Essential Criminal Justice and Criminology Research Methods, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$38.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-509986-5