Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to MyCounselingLab®. To order MyCounselingLab® packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0134297369.
This accessible look at “how to do career counseling” clearly defines the profession and the competencies counselors need to pursue as part of their training. Straightforward and accessible, Essential Elements of Career Counseling focuses on the practice of career counseling, examined through the basic techniques and resources useful in supporting the theories of career choice and development. The use of the Internet as a career counseling tool is emphasized; emerging issues such as Web-based counseling are explored; and case studies illustrate authentic counseling strategies and techniques in action. This edition features a new look at such areas as using group counseling methods in job searches and using the resume to inspire the development of career stories, providing a highly practical look at the practice of career counseling today.
Also available with MyCounselingLab®
This title is also available with MyCounselingLab–an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
Table of Contents
1. Career Counseling: Myths, Realities, and Emerging Trends
2. Using Career Theories to Help Clients
3. Context and Career Planning
4. Negotiating the Career Counseling Relationship
5. Defining the Client’s Career Concerns
6. Exploring the Problem: Understanding the Self
7. Exploring the Problem: Contextual and Labor Market Options
8. Using Technology in Support of Career Counseling
9. Consolidation, Decision Making, and Action Planning
10. Implementing Action Plans
11. Evaluating Client Progress
12. Adapting Career Counseling to Counseling Setting
Appendix A: The National Career Development Association’s Career Counseling Competency and Performance Indicators
Appendix B: National Career Development Association Ethical Standards (Revised 2003)
We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.Back Order
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$25.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-410608-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$19.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-315583-9