To help readers focus on the most important concepts–and effectively practice application of those concepts–Essential Foundations of Economics is structured around a Checklist/Checkpoint system. The result is a patient, confidence-building textbook that prepares readers to use economics in their everyday life, regardless of what their future career will be.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Getting Started
Chapter 2. The U.S. and Global Economies
Chapter 3. The Economic Problem
Chapter 4. Demand and Supply
Chapter 5. Elasticities of Demand and Supply
Chapter 6. Efficiency and Fairness of Markets
Chapter 7. Government Influences on Markets
Chapter 8. Global Markets in Action
Chapter 9. Externalities: Pollution, Education, and Health
Chapter 10. Production and Cost
Chapter 11. Perfect Competition
Chapter 12. Monopoly
Chapter 13. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
Chapter 14. GDP: A Measure of Total Production and Income
Chapter 15. Jobs and Unemployment
Chapter 16. The CPI and the Cost of Living
Chapter 17. Potential GDP and Economic Growth
Chapter 18. Money and the Monetary System
Chapter 19. Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand
Chapter 20. Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Essential Foundations of Economics, 7th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$107.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-289218-6
$62.45 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-289219-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$104.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312721-8