A practice-oriented learning system that breaks the traditional textbook mold
To help students focus on the most important concepts—and effectively practice application of those concepts—Essential Foundations of Economics is structured around a Checklist/Checkpoint system. The result is a patient, confidence-building program that prepares students to use economics in their everyday lives, regardless of what their future career will be.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program engages students in learning and provides instructors tools to keep students on track.
• Encourage students to learn by doing: A Checklist/Checkpoint system provides a practice-oriented framework that enables active learning.
• Command student attention and foster interest in the course: Engaging features draw students into the material, and keep them focused throughout the course.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started
2. The U.S. and Global Economies
3. The Economic Problem
4. Demand and Supply
II. A Closer Look at Markets
5. Elasticities of Demand and Supply
6. Efficiency and Fairness of Markets
7. Government Actions in Markets
8. Global Markets in Action
9. Externalities: Pollution, Education, and Health Care
III. Prices, Profits, and Industry Performance
10. Production and Cost
11. Perfect Competition
13. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
IV. Monitoring the Macroeconomy
14. GDP: A Measure of Total Production and Income
15. Jobs and Unemployment
16. The CPI and the Cost of Living
V. Understanding the Macroeconomy
17. Potential GDP and Economic Growth
18. Money and the Monetary System
19. Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand
20. Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Essential Foundations of Economics, CourseSmart eTextbook, 7th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$89.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-346269-2