Table of Contents
1. Whole Numbers
1.1 Reading and Writing Whole Numbers
1.2 Adding Whole Numbers
1.3 Subtracting Whole Numbers
1.4 Multiplying Whole Numbers
1.5 Dividing Whole Numbers
1.6 Long Division
1.7 Rounding Whole Numbers
1.8 Exponents, Roots, and Order of Operations
1.9 Reading Pictographs, Bar Graphs, and Line Graphs
1.10 Solving Application Problems
2. Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
2.1 Basics of Fractions
2.2 Mixed Numbers
2.4 Writing a Fraction in Lowest Terms
2.5 Multiplying Fractions
2.6 Applications of Multiplication
2.7 Dividing Fractions
2.8 Multiplying and Dividing Mixed Numbers
3. Adding and Subtracting Fractions
3.1 Adding and Subtracting Like Fractions
3.2 Least Common Multiples
3.3 Adding and Subtracting Unlike Fractions
3.4 Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers
3.5 Order Relations and the Order of Operations
4.1 Reading and Writing Decimal Numbers
4.2 Rounding Decimal Numbers
4.3 Adding and Subtracting Decimal Numbers
4.4 Multiplying Decimal Numbers
4.5 Dividing Decimal Numbers
4.6 Fractions and Decimals
5. Ratio and Proportion
5.4 Solving Proportions
5.5 Solving Application Problems with Proportions
6.1 Basics of Percent
6.2 Percents and Fractions
6.3 Using the Percent Proportion and Identifying the Components in a Percent Problem
6.4 Using Proportions to Solve Percent Problems
6.5 Using the Percent Equation
6.6 Solving Application Problems with Percent
6.7 Simple Interest6.8 Compound Interest
Appendix: Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
Answers to Selected Exercises
Solutions to Selected Exercises
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$35.20 | Add to Cart
$35.20 | Add to Cart
$36.80 | Add to Cart
$44.20 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84525-2
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84524-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$110.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84503-0