Richard Wolfson’s Essential University Physics, Second Edition is a concise and progressive calculus-based physics textbook that offers clear writing, great problems, and relevant real-life applications. This text is a compelling and affordable alternative for professors who want to focus on the fundamentals and bring physics to life for their students.
Essential University Physics focuses on the fundamentals of physics, teaches sound problem-solving skills, emphasizes conceptual understanding, and makes connections to the real world. The presentation is concise without sacrificing a solid introduction to calculus-based physics. New pedagogical elements have been introduced that incorporate proven results from physics education research. Features such as annotated figures and step-by-step problem-solving strategies help students master concepts and solve problems with confidence.
The Second Edition features dramatically revised and updated end-of-chapter problem sets, significant content updates, new Conceptual Examples, and additional Applications, all of which serve to foster student understanding and interest.
Essential University Physics is offered as two paperback volumes, available shrink-wrapped together, or for sale individually.
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$51.00 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-71163-2
$115.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84043-1
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-82396-0
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-71436-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users