ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Reveal the relevance of economics through real-world business examples
One of the challenges of teaching Principles of Economics is fostering interest in concepts that may not seem applicable to students’ lives. Essentials of Economics, Fourth Edition makes economics relevant by demonstrating how real businesses use economics to make decisions every day. Regardless of their future career path–opening an art studio, trading on Wall Street, or bartending at the local pub–students will benefit from understanding the economic forces behind their work.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program fosters learning and provides tools that help instructors to keep students on track.
• Show students how economics is relevant: Relatable features ground course material in the real world, showing students how these ideas are relevant and facilitating understanding.
• Foster thorough understanding via a flexible, student-focused approach: An engaging, captivating writing style and student-friendly learning aids motivate and engage students.
This package contains:
• 0133543390 / 9780133543391: Essentials of Economics, 4/e
• 0133543749 / 9780133543742: MyEconLab with Pearson eText Access Card for Essentials of Economics, 4/e
Table of Contents
1. Economics: Foundations and Models
2. Trade-offs, Comparative Advantage, and the Market System
3. Where Prices Come From: The Interaction of Demand and Supply
II. Markets in Action: Policy and Applications
4. Market Efficiency and Market Failure
5. The Economics of Healthcare
III. Microeconomic Foundations: Consumers and Firms
6. Firms, the Stock Market, and Corporate Governance
7. Consumer Choice and Elasticity
8. Technology, Production, and Costs
IV. Market Structure and Firm Strategy
9. Firms in Perfectly Competitive Markets
10. Monopoly and Antitrust
11. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
V. Macroeconomic Foundations
12. GDP: Measuring Total Production and Income
13. Unemployment and Inflation
VI. Long-Run and Short-Run Fluctuations
14. Economic Growth, the Financial System and Business Cycles
15. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply Analysis
VII. Monetary and Fiscal Policy
16. Money, Banks, and the Federal Reserve System
17. Monetary Policy
18. Fiscal Policy
19. Comparative Advantage, International Trade, and Exchange Rates
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$105.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354368-1
$60.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354370-4
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$96.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354343-8
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$153.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-382707-1
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$153.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354342-1