Table of Contents
2. Matter and Minerals
3. Igneous Rocks and Intrusive Activity
4. Volcanoes and Volcanic Hazards
5. Weathering and Soils
6. Sedimentary Rocks
7. Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks
8. Mass Wasting: The Work of Gravity
9. Running Water
11. Glaciers and Glaciation
12. Deserts and Wind
14. Earthquakes and Earth’s Interior
15. Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Theory Unfolds
16. Origin and Evolution of the Ocean Floor
17. Crustal Deformation and Mountain Building
18. Geologic Time
19. Earth’s Evolution through Geologic Time
20. Global Climate Change
Appendix A Metric and English Units Compared
Appendix B Topographic Maps
Appendix C Landforms of the Conterminous United States
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Essentials of Geology, 12th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$74.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-80477-8
$74.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83933-6
$43.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-79370-6
$43.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83932-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users