ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
--From the renowned Lutgens/Tarbuck/Tasa team, the Twelfth Edition of Essentials of Geology continues to elevate its readability, art program, focus on basic principles and instructor flexibility. This revision incorporates what has historically made the text a best seller with a new active learning approach throughout each chapter, which offers students a structured learning path and provides a reliable, consistent framework for mastering the chapter concepts.
It also includes new additions to its learning path, mobile field trips, and visual program. This edition is supported by MasteringGeology™–used by over 1.5 million science students, the Mastering platform is the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences.
This program will provide an interactive and engaging learning experience for your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning with MasteringGeology: MasteringGeology provides students with engaging and interactive experiences that coach them through introductory physical geography with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of educationally effective content.
- Teach with an active learning path that emphasizes learning objectives, tie questions back to objectives, ask students to analyze, synthesize, and critically think about core concepts, and break down chapter content.
- Engage students with an art program that supports a structured learning path with its bold-magazine like design.
0321949803 / 9780321949806 Essentials of Geology Plus MasteringGeology with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321947738 / 9780321947734 Essentials of Geology
0321966864 / 9780321966865 MasteringGeology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Essentials of Geology
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to Geology
- Plate Tectonics: A Scientific Revolution Unfolds
- Matter and Minerals
- Igneous Rocks and Intrusive Activity
- Volcanoes and Volcanic Hazards
- Weathering and Soils
- Sedimentary Rocks
- Metamorphism and Metamorphic Rocks
- Earthquakes and Earth’s Interior
- Origin and Evolution of the Ocean Floor
- Crustal Deformation and Mountain Building
- Mass Wasting: The Work of Gravity
- Running Water
- Glaciers and Glaciation
- Deserts and Wind
- Geologic Time
- Earth’s Evolution Through Geologic Time
- Global Climate Change
Appendix Metric and English Units Compared
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$72.90 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93784-1
$41.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95783-2
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$54.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95779-5
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$104.47 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93775-9
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$90.47 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95780-1