This brief, hands-on lab manual is built specifically to accommodate the fast pace of one-semester A&P labs. It complements any one-semester A&P text and provides 27 concise, activity-based exercises. Each lab includes a new pre-lab quiz, learning objectives, summaries of key concepts, a variety of activities, and an integrated review sheet. The manual also includes a full-color Histology Atlas with 55 photomicrographs.
Table of Contents
Unit One: Human Body and Orientation
1. The Language of Anatomy
2. Organ Systems Overview
Unit Two: The Cell
3. The Cell - Anatomy and Division
4. Cell Membrane Transport Mechanisms
Unit Three: Basic Tissues and the Skin
5. Classification of Tissues
6. The Skin (Integumentary System)
Unit Four: The Skeletal System
7. Overview of the Skeleton
8. The Axial Skeleton
9. The Appendicular Skeleton
10. Joints & Body Movements
Unit Five: The Muscular System
11. Microscopic Anatomy and Organization of Skeletal Muscle
12. Gross Anatomy of the Muscular System
Unit Six: Regulatory Systems: Neural and Endocrine
13. Neuron Anatomy and Physiology
14. Gross Anatomy of the Brain and Cranial Nerves
15. Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
16. Human Reflex Physiology
17. The Special Senses
18. Functional Anatomy of the Endocrine Glands
Unit Seven: The Circulatory System
20. Anatomy of the Heart
21. Anatomy of Blood Vessels
22. Human Cardiovascular Physiology—Blood Pressure and Pulse Determinations
Unit Eight: The Respiratory System
23. Anatomy of the Respiratory System
24. Respiratory System Physiology
Unit Nine: Other Major Systems
25. Functional Anatomy of the Digestive System
26. Functional Anatomy of the Urinary System
27. Anatomy of the Reproductive System
Appendix A: The Microscope
Appendix B: The Metric System
This item has been upgraded to Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual, 6th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$26.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-83012-8