ALERT:¿Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you¿select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,¿you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning with MyMISLab—the online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that fosters learning within and beyond the classroom.
- Cover the most essential topics in MIS using an integrated framework for describing and analyzing information systems.
- Connect classroom knowledge to everyday life by showing information systems composed of people, organization, and technology elements, reinforced in student projects and case studies.
Note: Essentials of MIS with MyMISLab Access Card Package, 11e consists of:
• 0133576841 / 9780133576849: Essentials of MIS, 11eMyMISLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
• 0133581780 / 9780133581782: NEW MyMISLab with Pearson eText - Access Card - for Essentials of MIS, 11e
Table of Contents
Case 1: UPS Global Operations with the DIAD
Case 2: Google Data Center Efficiency Best Practices
Instructional Video 1: Green Energy Efficiency in a Data Center Using Tivoli Architecture (IBM)
Instructional Video 2: Tour IBM’s Raleigh Data Center
Chapter 2: Global E-business and Collaboration
Case 1: Walmart’s Retail Link Supply Chain
Case 2: Salesforce.com: The Emerging Social Enterprise
Instructional Video 1: US Foodservice Grows Market with Oracle CRM on Demand
Chapter 3: Achieving Competitive Advantage with Information Systems
Case 1: National Basketball Association: Competing on Global Delivery With Akamai OS Streaming
Case 2: IT and Geo-Mapping Help a Small Business Succeed
Case 3: Materials Handling Equipment Corp: Enterprise Systems Drive Corporate Strategy for a Small
Instructional Video 1: SAP BusinessOne ERP: From Orders to Final Delivery and Payment
Chapter 4: Ethical and Social Issues in Information Systems
Case 1: What Net Neutrality Means for You
Case 2: Facebook Privacy
Case 3: Data Mining for Terrorists and Innocents
Instructional Video 1: Viktor Mayer Schönberger on The Right to Be Forgotten
Chapter 5: IT Infrastructure: Hardware and Software
Case 1: ESPN.com: Getting to eXtreme Scale On the Web
Case 2: Salesforce.com: SFA on the iPhone and iPod Touch
Case 3: Hudson’s Bay Company and IBM: Virtual Blade Platform
Instructional Video 1: Google and IBM Produce Cloud Computing
Instructional Video 2: IBM Blue Cloud Is Ready-to-Use Computing
Chapter 6: Foundations of Business Intelligence: Databases and Information Management
Case 1: Dubuque Uses Cloud Computing and Sensors to Build a Smarter City
Case 2: Maruti Suzuki Business Intelligence and Enterprise Databases
Chapter 7: Telecommunications, the Internet, and Wireless Technology
Case 1: Telepresence Moves Out of the Boardroom and Into the FieldChapter 8: Securing Information Systems
Case 2: Virtual Collaboration With Lotus Sametime
Case 1: Stuxnet and Cyberwarfare
Case 2: Cyberespionage: The Chinese Threat
Case 3: IBM Zone Trusted Information Channel (ZTIC)
Instructional Video 1: Sony PlayStation Hacked; Data Stolen from 77 Million Users
Instructional Video 2: Zappos Working to Correct Online Security Breach
Instructional Video 3: Meet the Hackers: Anonymous Statement on Hacking SONY
Chapter 9: Achieving Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy: Enterprise Applications
Case 1: Workday: Enterprise Cloud Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
Case 2: Evolution Homecare Manages Patients with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Instructional Video 1: GSMS Protects Products and Patients By Serializing Every Bottle of Drugs
Chapter 10: E-commerce: Digital Markets, Digital Goods
Case 1: Groupon: Deals Galore
Case 2: Etsy: A Marketplace and Community
Case 3: Ford AutoXchange B2B Marketplace
Chapter 11: Improving Decision Making and Managing Knowledge
Case 1: How IBM’s Watson Became a Jeopardy Champion
Case 2: Alfresco: Open Source Document Management and Collaboration
Case 3: FreshDirect Uses Business Intelligence to Manage Its Online Grocery.
Case 4: Business Intelligence Helps the Cincinnati Zoo Work Smarter
Instructional Video 1: Analyzing Big Data: IBM Watson: Watson After Jeopardy
Chapter 12: Building Information Systems and Managing Projects
Case 1: IBM: BPM in a Service-Oriented Architecture
Case 2: IBM Helps the City of Madrid With Real-Time BPM Software
Instructional Video 1: BPM: Business Process Management Customer Story
Instructional Video 2: Workfl ow Management Visualized
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$97.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-358080-8
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-401451-7
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-358162-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$185.93 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-397312-9
$186.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386997-2
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$178.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-374131-5