“How do the oceans work?” To help you find the answers, Trujillo and Thurman present in-depth discussions of oceanographic concepts and demystify the science even for non-science students. Their systems approach highlights the relationship between oceanographic phenomena and how those phenomena affect other Earth systems. Scientific information from geology, chemistry, physics, and biology combine to illustrate how each of these disciplines relates to the ocean.
Table of Contents
2. Plate Tectonics and the Ocean Floor
3. Marine Provinces
4. Marine Sediments
5. Water and Seawater
6. Air–Sea Interaction
7. Ocean Circulation
8. Waves and Water Dynamics
10. The Coast: Beaches and Shoreline Processes
11. The Coastal Ocean
12. Marine Life and the Marine Environment
13. Biological Productivity and Energy Transfer
14. Animals of the Pelagic Environment
15. Animals of the Benthic Environment
16. The Oceans and Climate Change
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Essentials of Oceanography, Books a la Carte Edition, 11th Edition as a replacement.