Concise fundamentals for students. Ultimate flexibility for instructors.
This bestselling, brief alternative for the OB course covers all the key concepts needed to understand, predict, and respond to the behavior of people in real-world organizations. This text also includes cutting-edge topics and streamlined pedagogy to allow maximum flexibility in designing and shaping your course.
The eleventh edition contains expanded and updated coverage on international issues, as well as new sections on the management of information, safety and emotions at work, risk aversion, self-determination theory, managing information, and downsizing.
Accompanied by mymanagementlab!
See the hands in the air, hear the roar of discussion–be a rock star in the classroom. mymanagementlab makes it easier for you to rock the classroom by helping you hold students accountable for class preparation, and getting students engaged in the material through an array of relevant teaching and media resources. Visit mymanagementlab.com for more information.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 – Introduction to Organizational Behavior
Part 2: The Individual in the Organization
Chapter 2 – Attitudes and Job Satisfaction
Chapter 3 – Emotion and Moods
Chapter 4 – Personality and Values
Chapter 5 – Perception and Individual Decision Making
Chapter 6 – Motivation Concepts
Chapter 7 – Motivation: From Concept to Application
Part 3: Groups in the Organization
Chapter 8 – Foundations of Group Behavior
Chapter 9 – Understanding Work Teams
Chapter 10 – Communication
Chapter 11 – Leadership
Chapter 12 – Power and Politics
Chapter 13 – Conflict and Negotiation
Part 4: The Organization System
Chapter 14 – Foundations of Organization Structure
Chapter 15 – Organizational Culture
Chapter 16 – Organizational Change and Stress Management
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Essentials of Organizational Behavior, 12th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$97.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-255356-8
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-266990-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users