For courses in Research Methods in Criminal Justice and Criminology.
Adapted from the best-selling Research Methods in Criminal Justice and Criminology, this text teaches general research methods using standard and contemporary examples of criminal justice and criminology research. Featuring both qualitative and quantitative studies, this edition offers an emphasis on ethics, the latest research studies, new information on prison research, Internet resources and visual criminology. This essentials version omits coverage of data management and analysis, and places its emphasis on fundamental research skills and the literature of the field.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Criminal Justice Research Methods: Theory and Method
2. Ethics on Criminal Justice Research
3. Research Design: The Experimental Model and Its Variations
4. Uniform Crime Reports and Sampling
5. Survey Research: Questionnaires
6. Survey Research: Interviews and Telephone Surveys
7. Participant Observation and Case Studies
8. Unobtrusive Measures, Secondary Analysis, and the Uses of Official Statistics
9. Validity, Reliability, and Triangular Strategies
10. Scaling and Index Construction
11. Policy Analysis and Evaluation Research
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Essentials of Research Methods for Criminal Justice, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$37.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-801330-1